Joining 1st Street Credit Union is easy. To join the Credit Union, you must be in our field of membership, which includes:
- Employees of the City of Sarasota
- Employees of the County of Sarasota
- Employees of any Governmental Agency (Federal, State and Local)
- Employees of any Non-Profit Organization
- Anyone who lives, works, attends school, worships or volunteers in Charlotte County, Manatee County or Sarasota County
- Employees of this Credit Union
- Persons receiving retirement benefits from the City of Sarasota General Employees Pension Fund, the Sarasota Fire Department Pension Fund or the Pension Fund of the Police Department of the City of Sarasota
- Anyone related to an existing member by blood, marriage or adoption
We are currently seeking new companies to add to our field of membership. If you are a company that is interested in being able to offer your employees the benefit of the Credit Union’s services, please fill out our Company Inquiry form.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR
OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means to you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.