The Credit Union will be closed on Monday, October 9, 2023, in observance of Columbus Day. Although our lobby will be closed you will still have access to your funds through our Mobile App, Online Banking, Bill Pay, Credit Card and Debit Card.
We will open at our normal time (8:15 am) on Tuesday, October 10th.
On October 19, 2023, 1st Street Credit Union will join over 56,000 credit unions around the world to celebrate International Credit Union Day. This year marks the 75th Anniversary of International Credit Union Day.
International Credit Union Day highlights the many ways credit unions across the world help members work towards achieving their financial goals.
Join the staff of 1st Street Credit Union on Thursday, October 19th for refreshments between 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm to celebrate International Credit Union Day!
What are you currently paying on your auto loan? As other banks and credit unions have been raising rates due to the Federal Reserve raising rates, we have kept our rates the same! However, these rates will not last forever… If you have financed your new or used vehicle with another lender, apply online today to see if we can match or beat your current rate.
Summer is here!
No matter where you are traveling to this summer, 1st Street Credit Union will be there! Access your Credit Union accounts at over 5,400 locations in the United States, thanks to Shared Branching. What is Shared Branching? Shared Branching is a national network of Credit Unions that share facilities to give you convenient locations to perform transactions just as if you were here in Sarasota at 1st Street Credit Union. At shared branching locations, you are able to perform the following transactions:
- Make Deposits
- Withdraw Funds
- Transfer Funds
- Make Loan Payments
All you need is to know your account number (refer to your membership card) and your photo ID. To find the closest “CO-OP Shared Center” closest to your location, please click here.
Route 66 Extended Warranty has saved one member $3,479.18 in repairs on their 2011 BMW 3 series vehicle in March. The member had no co-pays or deductibles to pay!!! When financing or re-financing your auto loan with the Credit Union, ask us about our Extended Warranty product! We will save you money compared to the warranty sold by the dealerships. Click on the link below to see the savings for our member by having the Extended Warranty!
Extended Warranty Savings
The Credit Union has slashed its interest rates to save YOU money!!! We’ve lowered our rates on auto loans, boats/motorcycles/recreational vehicles and home equity loan products. Check out our loan rate page for more information.
We may be able to match and beat your rate if you have your loan financed someplace else. Please apply online or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A philosophy of “people helping people” is at the heart of 1st Street Credit Union’s mission. That’s why 1SCU is extending special offers and assistance to our members who are facing financial challenges as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Protecting Yourself from Fraudulent Scams – We value your identity! Unfortunately, scammers are taking advantage of the current situation by sending phishing emails resembling emails from financial institutions. Please be aware that 1SCU will never send links or attachments via email asking you to open them. If in doubt, or you are concerned about any email, phone call or text that you receive, please hang up and call us at 941.953.6744.
The FTC has published the following article to protect yourself from scammers. Click Here
For members who are experiencing a loss of income, we are implementing the following relief measures to bridge the gap until the outbreak subsides. These measures include:
Loan Payment Deferment Assistance (Interest-Only Payment)
- The Credit Union is offering you the ability to make an interest-only payment on your existing loan for up to 2 months based upon your individual circumstance.
- Completion of a Loan Extension form is required. If you would like to apply for an interest-only payment, please email us at email@example.com
Skip-A-Pay Program – VISA
- On our VISA Credit Card, if you qualified, your statement will alert you to the offer to skip your May payment. Interest will continue to accrue; delinquent accounts are ineligible.
Skip-A-Pay Program – Consumer Loans
The qualifications for the consumer loan skip-a-pay program are the following:
- Minimum of 3 monthly payments have been made prior to your skip request;
- Accounts that have been 30 days + within the past 4-months are ineligible;
- All 1SCU accounts are in good standing;
- You may skip a maximum of 1 payment;
- A maximum of 4 skipped loan payments over the life of the loan. Other restrictions may apply;
- Interest will still accrue;
- Completion of the Skip-a-Pay Form; Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to email us and we will send it out to you.
#WeAreSarasotaStrong Short-Term Loan
The Credit Union created this assistance loan with the hope that it can provide some relief to our members in these challenging times. Funds can be used to help them with any expenses they may have – household bills, groceries etc. that they may have been negatively impacted by as a result of COVID-19.
- Loan Amounts up to $1,500;
- Maximum Term of 12;
- APR of 5.99%;
- 60-day deferment of first scheduled payment may be available;
- Must be a member of the Credit Union as of December 31, 2019;
- You must not have been negative or delinquent at 1SCU in the last 6 months;
- Proof of Hardship required; Documentation regarding reduction in hours/income;
- Established ability to repay is required;
- Establish a Direct Repayment to the Loan to qualify.
Contact us at email@example.com if you would like us to call you to apply or you can apply online.
The Credit Union sent out a mass e-mail yesterday afternoon discussing changes that have been made at the Credit Union. Please become familiar with those changes by clicking on the link. Since events are changing rapidly, please check Facebook, the website and email blasts for additional information. Coronavirus Letter 03-19-2020
The Credit Union remains committed to the protection of our members and employees. Please read the attached communication.
Coronavirus Letter 03-09-2020