A philosophy of “people helping people” is at the heart of 1st Street Credit Union’s mission. That’s why 1SCU is extending special offers and assistance to our members who are facing financial challenges as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Protecting Yourself from Fraudulent Scams – We value your identity! Unfortunately, scammers are taking advantage of the current situation by sending phishing emails resembling emails from financial institutions. Please be aware that 1SCU will never send links or attachments via email asking you to open them. If in doubt, or you are concerned about any email, phone call or text that you receive, please hang up and call us at 941.953.6744.
The FTC has published the following article to protect yourself from scammers. Click Here
For members who are experiencing a loss of income, we are implementing the following relief measures to bridge the gap until the outbreak subsides. These measures include:
Loan Payment Deferment Assistance (Interest-Only Payment)
- The Credit Union is offering you the ability to make an interest-only payment on your existing loan for up to 2 months based upon your individual circumstance.
- Completion of a Loan Extension form is required. If you would like to apply for an interest-only payment, please email us at email@example.com
Skip-A-Pay Program – VISA
- On our VISA Credit Card, if you qualified, your statement will alert you to the offer to skip your May payment. Interest will continue to accrue; delinquent accounts are ineligible.
Skip-A-Pay Program – Consumer Loans
The qualifications for the consumer loan skip-a-pay program are the following:
- Minimum of 3 monthly payments have been made prior to your skip request;
- Accounts that have been 30 days + within the past 4-months are ineligible;
- All 1SCU accounts are in good standing;
- You may skip a maximum of 1 payment;
- A maximum of 4 skipped loan payments over the life of the loan. Other restrictions may apply;
- Interest will still accrue;
- Completion of the Skip-a-Pay Form; Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to email us and we will send it out to you.
#WeAreSarasotaStrong Short-Term Loan
The Credit Union created this assistance loan with the hope that it can provide some relief to our members in these challenging times. Funds can be used to help them with any expenses they may have – household bills, groceries etc. that they may have been negatively impacted by as a result of COVID-19.
- Loan Amounts up to $1,500;
- Maximum Term of 12;
- APR of 5.99%;
- 60-day deferment of first scheduled payment may be available;
- Must be a member of the Credit Union as of December 31, 2019;
- You must not have been negative or delinquent at 1SCU in the last 6 months;
- Proof of Hardship required; Documentation regarding reduction in hours/income;
- Established ability to repay is required;
- Establish a Direct Repayment to the Loan to qualify.
Contact us at email@example.com if you would like us to call you to apply or you can apply online.